Thursday, December 8, 2011

Overheard in our Abode

Big Brother: "When Santa comes, I'm gonna go hide in my room because he's pretty scary to me."

We've also heard him say "When Santa says, 'Ho, ho, ho Merry Christmas' I'm gonna hide in my room!'"

#1 Concern about Santa - How does he get down the chimney?

#2 Concern about Santa - Why does he need to eat our cookies?

#3 Concern about Santa - Will he leave the reindeer on the roof or bring them in our house?

To all of these questions our most popular response has been 'well buddy, what do YOU think will happen?' It's so fun to let him 'problem solve' all of these questions and here his active imagination at work.  I'm not 'pushing' the Santa thing but I do think it's fun to play along with him - what a 'new normal' this whole 'Santa' thing has been for us this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment