Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Reminder

I love how God's WORD can speak into our lives - even when we proof text verses (pulling one verse out of the original context and reading meaning into it that perhaps isn't there when you understand the full context of the passage).   I was finishing up a book before bed (House of Secrets by Tracie Peterson) when these verses jumped out at me. 

Isaiah 43:  

18 “Forget the former things; 
   do not dwell on the past. 
19 See, I am doing a new thing! 
   Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? 



It reminded me that God is in the business of doing 'new' things in our lives. In this season of change in our family, I need to keep my eyes fixed on him - not dwelling on what 'has been' in an unhealthy way - or wishing for things to be like they 'used to be'. Instead, I should be actively watching for and acknowledging what He is currently doing in my life.  I think the purpose of this blog will help me stay grounded in watching for the 'new thing' in this season of life.  



No comments:

Post a Comment