Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My Eyeballs Say "Thank you!"

Short post here ... but my main point is that in this 'new normal' state, I am thankful for all of our friends who are willing to help watch our kids.  I have always been very aware of and thankful for their loyal friendship and willingness to do anything to help support our family, but as I adjust to life without Mom around to watch the kids during the day whenever I have a doctor's appointment, hair cut or something of the 'I need to be without kids for a bit' nature, I know I have friends I can call on to help take care of my kids.  

Thank you for today, Stephanie!  My eyeballs are thankful, too, because I am wearing my last pair of contacts and my eyes are definitely ready for a fresh pair which should arrive in the next few days thanks to my very helpful eye doctor.  We are very blessed to have really special friends who live close by and who love our kids.  

(Random side note ... in the past couple of weeks, as I have gone back to work and Ross and I spend less time in the house at the same time with me going back to teaching piano at night, the dishes have been sitting clean in the dishwasher and re-washed due to a lack of communication ... need to figure out a better way to communicate with my husband that 'I had to take one dish out before I left for work, but the dishwasher is CLEAN' ... I find the dishwasher issue receiving less priority over other things I absolutely MUST communicate to him like Luke's feeding schedule when I have minimal conversation with him during the day ... hmmmm ... post-it note time?! :)) 

1 comment: